Blackburn with Darwen Parents in Partnership (BwDPiP) are a parent carer led group for Parent Carers of children and young adults aged 0 – 25 with Special Educational Needs and disability (SEND). We are helping to shape services by working with providers and professionals within the borough, NHS services and the Volunteer Sector.
Our aims are:
– To ensure that good practice, knowledge and shared expertise about parent carer participation continues to grow and strengthen;
– To develop a cohesive and coherent structure to sustain and develop the effectiveness of parent carer forums accross England;
– To strengthen the pan disability, parent lead model of local forums and boost our collective voice.
Area SEND Methodology testing in November 2021
Over the next three weeks we are welcoming Ofsted and CQC inspectors to Blackburn with Darwen.
They are testing out some new ways to gather evidence about the way children and young people with SEND are supported and we look forward to learning from each other.
As part of this process you are invited to share your views on the support that you receive or have received via anonymous surveys.
The surveys are now live and open until 9am on 16th November and your views are very welcome.
This survey is for children and young people aged up to 25 years old who have special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND):
- Children and Young People Survey – https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/YPBlackburnWithDarwen/
This survey is for parents of children and young people aged up to 25 years old who have special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND)
- Parents and carers Survey– https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/PCBlackburnWithDarwen/